- +2 Strength, +2 Stamina, –3 Intellect, –3 Charisma. Durian display great strength and hardiness, but are neither quick-witted nor pleasant.
- Medium – As Medium creatures, durian have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Durian base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- +1 natural armor bonus.
- Pack Fighting (Ex): A durian’s fanatical devotion to his tribe causes him to celebrate an ally’s demise: A durian who witnesses an ally’s death gains a +1 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls for the duration of the combat. (Morale bonuses do not stack.) The fallen ally must possess HD equal to or greater than the durian’s HD for him to gain this bonus.
- Quills (Ex): Durian can fight with their quills as natural weapons. Their quills deal piercing damage equal to 1d4 + Str modifier. A durian cannot attack with his quills in the same turn he attacks with a manufactured weapon.
- +2 racial bonus on Survival checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common.
- Bonus Languages: Goblin, Orcish, Ogre, and Wolfen. Sometimes durian learn the languages of their enemies.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass durian barbarian class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.